DIX project is an experimental game engine.
DIX is an advanced and highly unusual text-based but GUI-driven adventure game engine. It includes documentation, samples, and other goodies.
From user perspective, it probably offers substantially more than one would expect from hardcore text mode games, both in terms of GUI functionality, and gameplay.
· GNU make
· GNU CC
- unpack DIX tarball in the destination directory
- issue "make" (or "gmake") from command line.
- issue "./dix" to run the game
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed pathfinder @ crash bug.
· Game title support.
· Fixed terminal sizing bug on Widnows.
· Added background color support, major overhaul of screen updater.
· Moved to real frames on many terminals.
· Removed cheesy window fading effects (optional in config.h).
· All windows now use colors and nice selector.
· Fixed auto linefeed bug on Windows.
· Added termination counters to DISEASE.
· Switched RETURN to Shift-F for "enter first menu" functionality.
· Fixed missing NUL terminator on splash screen.
· New login screen.
· New tutorial; more reasonable, with actual examples, looks better.
· Support for background colors in DMIL; major changes to backlog renderer.
· Dialogue builder now uses dynamic window sizing and monochromization.
· Dialogue builder now redisplays last SAY @ result during code run AND more.