DEFCON is a Global Thermonuclear War multiplayer online game, and nobody wins.
Introversion Software presents its third title, DEFCON, a stunning online multiplayer simulation of global thermonuclear war.
You play the role of a military Commander hidden deep within an Underground bunker. Your mission - to successfully exterminate your enemy's civilian population whilst disabling their ability to attack your own. Start by launching your battleships, subs and bombers in order to decimate your opponent's defences. Scramble together your alliances but remember only one can stand victorious.
Prepare your pre-emptive strike before one of your supposed allies gets the same idea. Choose the perfect moment for betrayal, obliterating your opponents with an apocalyptic thermonuclear barrage, but get it wrong and their devastating counter attack will bring you to your knees!
· You may play the single player Tutorial, and you may play a single player game against one AI opponent. (The full game permits six player games with any of those teams played by AI)
· This demo has working multiplayer, over LAN and Internet.
· You can set up any multiplayer game, but you can only have a maximum of two players in your game (The full game permits six player games). You may only play the Default game mode.
· You can join any multiplayer game, but only if there are no Demo players already playing in that game, and only if the game is using the Default game mode.
· In other words, only one Demo user may join any one game at any time.
· You may specate any game of any size.
· Demo Users may not play any of the advanced Game Modes: Office Mode, Diplomacy, Speed Defcon, Tournament Mode.
· You can upgrade the Demo to the Full Game at any time - simply enter your purchased Authentication Key into the Demo Client and it will automatically upgrade. No further download is required.
What's New in This Release:
· Fixed potential exploit: Fleets could be made to sail through land masses if sent to certain hotspots around the world. (Eg subs could sail through America). Only the Server needs to run this fix to prevent the exploit.
· Improved the way local IP is determined. Should help people who have problems creating games on their local system.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!