Battles of Antargis is a realtime strategy game. Battles of Antargis's main purpose lies on conquering not on building.
Battles Of Antargis is an open-source game with GPL license. You have one or more heroes that you can control. They can recruit troops and conquer the world. While doing this they have to gather food and weapons. All around are people and animals which populate the world.
Unlike the typical Warcraft-like games, you have to get by with the existing population and resources.
This is a first tech-demo, so please be patient. Apart from this we are searching for new artists and developers.
Here are some key features of "Battles of Antargis":
· animated milkshape models (MilkShape ASCII-importer)
· static models (Wavefront obj-importer)
· shadowmap based shadows (PSMs work in progress)
· fustrum culling
· shader support
· the whole gamelogic is done in ruby, so it should be fairly easy to modify this game.
· the whole layout is done in xml
· basic dialogs and intro-screens implemented, but nice graphics still missing
· edit heightmap
· place entities on map
1) Install ruby, rake, libsdl, libsdl-sge, libsdl-image, libsdl-ttf, libsdl-mixer, opengl. You need the developer-packages of all these libraries/programs!
2) Don't forget to install ruby1.8-dev (or ruby1.9-dev if you use ruby 1.9)
3) After this step no root-privileges are needed.
4) Run "rake" in this directory
5) Run "./antargis" in this directory
Essentials: Ruby, Rake
This game is mostly written in Ruby (www.ruby-lang.org) and C++. It uses Rake (Ruby Make) as build system.
Libraries: libSDL,libSDL_mixer libSDL_ttf, libSDL_image, opengl
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· contains a completely redesigned build-process
· many bugs were fixed
· the AI was improved