0 A.D. (pronounced "zero ey-dee") is an open-source, free, and cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare.
0 A.D. is a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of Western civilizations, focusing on the years between 500 B.C. and 500 A.D.
· 1 GHz CPU
· modern graphics card (GeForce 3 at minimum)
· 512 MB RAM
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· All-new and unique Mauryan Indian civilization, including new units, from war elephants to Brahmin priests; and new buildings, reflecting this culture’s original architectural style.
· The default AI, Aegis bot, has been greatly improved, be it at defending, attacking, or building a strong economy. It now supports researching technologies and should work much more reliably than most other AIs before. (Known problem: Aegis now has some issues with saved games. Sorry, we hope to fix this in A14.)
· Aegis can now play at several different difficulty levels, so beginners can easily learn to play, and more experienced players can get more of a challenge.
· Attack/move command: If you select units and then Ctrl + right-click on a location, they will go to the location, but also stop to attack enemies they meet along the way.
· Helpful messages appear when a building can’t be placed somewhere. (See screenshots below.)
· When you select a place to build a building, the building preview always shows the precise final variation that will be built.
· When some buildings are built, they now rise from the ground, and some also have lifelike scaffolds surrounding them.
· Tribute stats added to the summary screen.
· Players are notified when any tributes are given to them.
· New Celtic songs: “Cisalpine Gaul” and “Celtica” (the latter featuring Jeff Willet’s percussion),
· New Hellenic song: “The Hellespont” (also featuring Jeff),
· Combat music featuring taiko drums “First Sighting” and “Elusive Predator” by Jeff.
· First Mauryan song: “Land Between the Two Seas.”
· New and improved animal sounds for lions, tigers and bears.
· User mod support: See our modding guide to learn how to create your own mods for 0 A.D.
· Improved OS X build process, without need for MacPorts or Homebrew.