pyg Map Maker is written in Python and PyGame and lets you use tilesets to build your own custom maps and environments which can be exported into either a map file or an image file.
Ctrl + L: Load map file or image file
Ctrl + S: Save map file or image file
wasd: Move the tileset on the left hand side
Arrow keys: Move the tileset on the right hand side
Click on a tile on the left hand side, and then paint this tile to the right hand side by left clicking and/or dragging.
The painted tiles can be removed by right clicking and/or dragging.
* Code is still a bit messy
* Currently locked at 32x32 tiles
* multi layers currently locked at max 3
Here are some key features of "pyg Map Maker":
· Multilayers on single tiles
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added ability to draw and store collision boundary
· Map files from 5.0 is compatible with 5.1
· Instructions on this page have been added to a text file in the .zip