noeGNUd aims to be the ultimate User Interface ( UI ) for Slash'EM and NetHack.
Comibining character mode, 2D tilesets and 3d graphics, all interchangeable at runtime to allow the serious NetHack player ultimate freedom of interface to the game that allows ultimate freedom of gameplay and imagination.
noeGNUd allows for many different types of screenshots from BMP to plain text to html style.
Here are some key features of "noeGNUd":
· character view modes
· oldstyle 2d birdseye character view (can also be rotated if you so wish)
· newstyle 2d(3d) rotational character view with upright characters
· tiled modes
· oldstyle 2d birdseye tile view (can also be rotated if you so wish)
· newstyle 2d(3d) rotational view with uprite tiles (this is only allowed for tilesets which have al "alpha" aspect).
· 3d view modes
· feature rich 3d mode allowing character animation / multi-theme support and much more.
· noeGNUd allows for many different types of screenshots from BMP to plain text to html style. (thanks to BrianHV@#nethack.freenode for this idea, which also spawned the game capture idea)
· game capture
· noeGNUd lets you capture an entire game an an animation ( or asciimation ) letting you play back old games of yours, or those of tutors, friends, competition entries.
· includes support for the SLASH'EM-Variant
· automated build-system for easy installation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Update Slash'EM to 0.0.7E7F3
· Default operating system for building is now Linux rather than FreeBSD
· Remove outdated support for DeeT and LittleHack variants
· Cleaned up various build system issues