microQuestMaker64 is a Commodore 64 application that makes it easy to design small text adventure games in the tradition of "Zork" or the legendary "Cave" adventure.
At the moment, microQuestMaker64 (mQM64) supports up to 100 rooms and 30 objects within a single game. Although the program is still incomplete and under development, you can already edit rooms, define objects and test-run your game. Game data is stored in the Commodore "REL" file format, allowing random access of records.
- This release includes many changes and new features.
- These include the introduction of a game configuration file, support for custom colors in every room, initial release of the condition engine, and initial release of a stand-alone runtime program in order to run games without the need of the editor.
- The codebase has been optimized to use less memory.
- A new demo game is included.
- The maze generator is now a separate tool.