XShipWars is a space oriented highly graphical network game system.
· CPU: 486 or faster
· Graphics: 16 or 32 bit capable video card
· Resolution: min 1024x768 virtual screen size
· Memory: 10 to 60 MB (depending on universe)
· Bandwidth: 19.6k bps or faster
· Disk Space: 100 MB for complete install
· YIFF Sound Server (optional for sound support, better performance and reliablity than EsounD)
· EsounD (optional for sound support)
· libjsw (optional for joystick support)
X GUI Options
Below is the help output for XShipWars when `xsw --help' is typed at the prompt.
Usage: xsw [url] [options] [GUI_options]
[url] is the URL to the universe that you want to connect to.
[options] can be any of the following:
--rcfile Load configuration from .
-f Same as --rcfile.
--control Specify which controller to use:
-c Same as --control.
--help Prints (this) help screen and exits.
--version Prints version information and exits.
Most customizations can be performed in the options menu.
Command line options override any options in the configuration file.
[GUI_options] can be any options standard to your GUI, consult your GUI's manual for available options.
What's New in This Release:
· A bug in the mapping of the client's message window that caused the WM to produce duplicate unmapping events was fixed along with a bug in the server that caused lock-ups during disk statistic fetching on SWTrek.