Tales of Middle Earth 2.3.5
Tales of Middle Earth is a tile-based dungeon crawler similar to Nethack, Rogue, and Angband.
Hundreds of different monsters in randomly-generated, unpredictable dungeons will strive to slay you by various means, and you counter - if you survive - by developing the skills of your choice and wielding mighty artifacts.
ToME's races from Hobbit to Troll and classes from Swordmaster to Summoner allow for many different playing styles and a replay value that extends through years.
The only game so realistic that your scrolls and spell books will burn if you trudge in lava (unless you have gained immunity from some armour), you will dry up rivers to cast mighty spells, strike at orcs with blades attuned to slay them specifically, summon armies from a simple totem, and even forge your own artifacts.
There is an entire community to help you with the game, and it is far from static - ToME is a developing game, always improving. And best of all, it's free.
What's New in This Release:
· Interface changes:
· The X11 and Xaw interfaces now save the dungeon and player when the window is closed.
· Fixed cpu churning bug that occurs when using certain window managers and ToME is maximized.
· Gameplay changes:
· Player speed now set correctly when Demon Hide corruption is enabled.
· ToME now correctly sets various Balrog flags when player in Balrog form.
· ToME now correctly sets the teleport flags when teleport corruption is enabled.
· ToME now uses the qrand7.map file when generating princess quests.
· Bigs changes for generate.c to get it to produce the princess and thrain rooms.
· Also code clean up of room generation code.
· Object changes:
· Slings of Buckland can now be generated.
· Added the WIELD_CAST flag to all artifact instruments to fix problems when casting spells.