SunUO is a free Ultima Online server for Linux/Mono and Windows.NET, based on RunUO. Ultima Online is a commercial MMORPG by Origin / Electronic Arts.
I created this fork of RunUO because I wanted to improve it, but the RunUO team refused to talk to me.
SunUO is designed to be a drop-in replacement for RunUO. No manual changes are required to port an existing RunUO 1.0.0 shard to SunUO.
Here are some key features of "SunUO":
· SunUO is more stable than RunUO (exception handlers); a buggy script does not crash the server
· SunUO runs on Mono 1.1 (Linux, FreeBSD, ...) out of the box
· SunUO makes script compilation optional; a fresh install starts in about 3 seconds, including world load
· SunUO supports multiple script libraries; this helps keeping tidiness
· SunUO introduces a configuration file; having to edit source code to configure a shard sucks (ever upgraded to a new RunUO version? Then you know what I mean)
· SunUO is not vulnerable to the directory entry order faction bug, which may break all faction memberships and town ownerships in some cases. The RunUO team refuses to accept this as a bug, stating that .NET automatically sorts directory entries (which is plain wrong).
What's New in This Release:
· Client version 126.96.36.199 is supported.
· Several vulnerabilities were fixed, including the drop bug.