A 2D space shooter RPG in the spirit of Star Control II
* Enter: menu
* Tab: radar
* Del: self-destruct
* wasd/arrows: thrust and turn
* q/e: strafe
* ctrl: shoot
* space: launch missiles (if equipped)
* Mouse: move to turn, left click to shoot, right click to thrust
Keys can be changed in the menu.
- Huge universe with sandbox non-linear game flow. (currently working on construction tools)
- Completely modular ship design: add and remove parts to your ship to make it as big or small as you want. (implemented)
- Parts can be blown off enemies, collected and equipped, all during battle (working)
- Enemy ships spawn with Diablo-style random part generation (implemented 10-29-10, needs much more content)
- Realistic 2D physics (working)
- A Dozen alien races to explore (some content, no implementation)
- Scores of types of enemy ships, each with their own ship design, tactics, and type of parts. (currently 2 with random design variants)
- Take hyperspace tunnels between solar systems (under construction)
- Stardog is written in Python with Pygame.
- Write me if you are interested in collaborating in any way- coding, graphics, art, ai, plot, etc- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Source is available here under GPL; contact for other licence.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Adds stores to planets. When landed on a planet, you can trade with it. Each planet starts with a few random parts, and keeps any parts that fall into it from space. Currently, there is no money, so "trading" is more like giving and taking.
- Fixes several Parts Menu errors.
- Parts menu layout changed. Parts now drag and drop onto the selected part, like you would expect.
- Destroyer is longer.