PlaneShift is an open source and persistent fantasy multi-player RPG (Role-Playing Game) video game with state-of-the-art 3D graphics. In this game, the player needs to create a character and live in an ever-changing world.
PlaneShift features 10 races with unique traits, unlimited professions via a powerful skill system, an original magic system, hundreds of spells, an immense world to explore, numerous quests to test your skills, monsters and NPCs, a world that evolves on its own, politics, economy, and much more.
The PlaneShift client features 3D graphics and sounds, support for Direct3D and OpenGL, messages and chat, drag & drop support for objects between inventory and world, a complex character generator, and support for multiple operating systems, including Linux, Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.
- USER INTERFACE:
- New Shortcut window. The quick spell bar has been combined with the shortcut bar. The new shortcut bar includes support for:
- Icons in addition to text
- Dragging of items from the spell book (the icon on the right) or inventory which will automatically generate use commands
- Drag and drop of shortcuts to reorganise them (this option is toggled on/off with the lock icon)
- Character specific shortcuts and key bindings. Now each char has its own set!
- New active magic window. Whenever you have an active spell (buff or debuff) an icon will show in the active magic. Much more compact and user friendly than the old one. There are some known bugs in the bar, like the display of some icons may be duplicated.
- Slight improvements to Quest book, guild window, chat window, options window.
- "Basic chat" window removed to allow for setting of visible chat tabs without restarting the client.
- Added ability to type in the chat window by just having the cursor over the chat window so you don...