POWDER is a roguelike game.
Here are some key features of "POWDER":
· Tactical play. The unit of action is based on the individual adventurer. The game is not twitch oriented (like Quake, rewarding reflexes & well trained actions) nor is it strategy oriented (like Civilizations or Warcraft, requiring working on the large picture)
· Based in Hack and Slash. A roguelike isn't primarily about plot development or telling a story. It is about killing things and acquiring treasure.
· Random games. A roguelike is a dungeon crawler where no two games are the same. The maps are different, the items are different, there are no guaranteed win paths.
· Permadeath. You die, that is it. No restoring a savegame. Good roguelikes delete your save game after loading them. This is compensated by the replayability of the game.
· Complex interactions of properties. While the commands for a roguelike are simple, the potential interactions are not. My favourite example is equipping a silver ring as a weapon in order to damage a creature vulnerable to silver, but not one's other weapons.
· Steam rolling monsters. If a critter is in your way, and weak, you shouldn't even notice it is there.
What's New in This Release:
· Besides the normal bugfixes and small polish features, the new Earth Hammer and dress codes for Necromancers and Barbarians were added.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 114
- Help menus are no longer off by one.
- Remove potential crash when zapping wand of invisibility off map.
- Items are no longer revealed by hostiles searching.
- Status message "Searched" when you search to make it more clear you did something by searching.