Iter Vehemens ad Necem project is a graphical roguelike game.
Iter Vehemens ad Necem (IVAN) is a graphical roguelike game which currently runs in Windows, DOS, and Linux. It features advanced bodypart and material handling, multi-colored lighting and, above all, deep gameplay.
Fellow adventurer, turn back while you can! For here begins the roguelike Iter Vehemens ad Necem, a Violent Road to Death. If you choose to travel along it, you will dive into countless exciting adventures to gain items of great magic, attain powerful equipment made of mysterious materials, bathe in the blessings of mighty gods and recruit loyal allies of various shapes and sizes.
Unfortunately, along the way you will also often be dangerously injured, poisoned, catch numerous diseases, lose several limbs and transform into manifold different kinds of pitiful creatures in the darkest depths of hostile dungeons. And, at the end of the road, you are bound to perish in a most gruesome and painful way. Don't say we didn't warn you.
What's New in This Release:
· fluids can now cover items and characters and interact with them
· items made of iron alloys can now rust
· added directional light and day and night which use it
· added some cosmetical weather effects
· New Attnam has now many new NPCs, for instance a sumo wrestler who can be challenged
· polymorph control is now more interesting; you need to see a monster once before you can polymorph into it, and more powerful ones require more intelligence
· added wands of acid rain, mirroring and necromancy
· added scrolls of detect material, harden material and golem creation
· added several new monsters, eg. powerful named archangels for each god and necromancers who raise skeletons and zombies to do their bidding
· one can now give pets tactical commands, change their equipment and use them to carry extra stuff (these are accessed using 'C'hat and 'I'ssue commands keys)
· the player can now panic if he gets hit too much, like the monsters have done in previous versions
· the player can now become exhausted if he fights for too long and/or uses the new r'u'n command too much
· spiders are now able to make webs
· you can now get stuck to slime
· badly hurt/trapped bodyparts now become unusable until they regain some HP/become untrapped
· it is now possible to browse detailed death reasons of individual monsters in the postgame massacre lists
· added many new informative graphical details, for instance recently altered attributes are shown with a different color for some time
· gloomy cave is now longer and has more special levels and rooms
· all the endgame battles are more complex
· added leprosy, a nasty disease which causes your limbs to drop off randomly