IRE - The IT-HE RPG Engine 0.93
IRE - The IT-HE RPG Engine is a 2d role-playing game engine similar to that used by Ultima 6.
IRE is an attempt to create a cross-platform computer role-playing-game engine similar to Ultima 6 but with more modern features such as rooftops, special effects and Ogg-vorbis music.
The engine runs in 640x480 at 15 bpp upwards. It is controlled by scripts which are compiled into interpreted code for extra portability.
· Allegro graphics library
· NASM or Alogg (if you want to recompile)
What's New in This Release:
· Now uses Allegro 4.2
· Added optional new logic for handling the death of the hero. Previously the game would continue with other party members if the hero died. Now you can have the game halt instead (as with U6 and U7).
· Various improvements to the editor
· Fixed several serious bugs when loading maps
· Fixed bugs involving large creatures such as dragons and jaguars, where they would not cross bridges, and also where they could walk through trees.
· Various optimisations, game should also use less CPU when idling