In Heroes of Newerth, two teams of up to five players each take on the role of special Hero units. Remember, you mission is to destroy the enemy base as fast as you can.
As a match progresses, players can earn experience and gold which can be used to upgrade skills or purchase items to make their character more powerful.
· CPU: 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or faster
· RAM: 1.5GB or higher
· Video: 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
· Network Connection Required (Broadband)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Greatly optimized client performance on all systems
· Optimized various interfaces to run more efficiently (9000% more efficient!)
· Fixed an issue causing F6 to re-set the position of the scoreboard
· Fixed various crashes that could occur during gameplay
· Fixed experience popups to off-set from gold popups, such that they do not overlap
· Added a new music track to Caldavar, entitled "Encounter at the River"
· Fixed in game match stats screen to display the correct XP/Min, such that it will not calculate time spent playing after reaching level 25
· Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting the game
· Added hero selection announcements for bubbles, chipper, doctor repulsor, gauntlet, and tundra
· Pre-match time for all game modes changed from 1 minute 15 seconds to 1 minute 30 seconds
· Fixed several interface crashes
· Fixed advanced game mode filter on public game interface to correctly save values.
· Fixed animations getting stuck when rewinding replays
· Fixed rewinding tree deaths in replays
· Fixed projectile orientations
· Fixed attacking buildings and towers without sight of that building or tower
· Fixed duration of deny animation glow
· During modes that use alternating pick (banning draft, banning pick, etc), once a player selects their hero it will instantly switch to the other team (rather than waiting the remaining time)
· Each player now has 40 seconds to select their hero, from 30
· Transition time between banning and picking is now 15 seconds, from 20
· The time after the hero picks has been reduced from 2 minutes to 45 seconds
· Hero selection time in all pick reduced from 2 minutes to 1 minute