Glest is a project for making a free 3D real-time customizable strategy game.
Current version is fully playable, includes single player game against CPU controlled players, two factions with their corresponding tech trees, units, buildings and some maps.
Here are some key features of "Glest":
Customize every aspect of the game:
· Custom units can be defined using XML files. It's posible to define its basic parameters (hp, mp, armor, sight, requirements and much more), its skills and commands and the 3d models associated with them.
· Custom upgrades can be defined. It's posibble to define how and what units they affect, its requirements and more.
· Custom factions can be defined by grouping a set of units and upgrades.
· Custom resources can be defined.
· Custom tech-trees can be defined by grouping a set of factions and resources.
· Custom tilesets can be defined. It's posible to define the surface textures, object 3d models (such as trees os rocks), ambient sounds and more.
· Maps can be edited with the glest map editor.
Graphics: OpenGL 1.3 graphics:
· Heightmap terrain.
· Free camera movement (translation, rotation and zoom).
· Own 3d format that can be exported from 3dsmax using the g3d export plugin.
· Real-time shadows, projected or shadow mapped.
· Keyframe animated 3d models.
· Particle systems for rain, snow, fire and spells.
· Classical 3d effects: transparency, lighting, fog etc...
A.I.: ARTIFICIAL INTELIGENCY:
· A* based pathfinding algorithm.
· Basic AI for computer controlled players.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· two networking bugfixes