Freedroid RPG project is an extension/modification of the classical Freedroid engine into an RPG. The main differences to the classical version are as follows:
· The Tux is the main character of the rpg.
· The game uses isometric viewpoint and animated pre-rendered 3d character models for all characters inside the game.
· Dialogs and chatting with friendly droids and humans: Multiple-choice menus and voice samples (with subtitles for those without sound).
· There is an item and inventory system that is modeled after some popular standards of the industry
· An automap feature was added. (this is currently a bit unmaintained since part of the code needs to be re-written for proper OpenGL support in the automap display)
· Saving and loading of games.
· Shops to trade things and skills to learn.
· Controls are different: Mouse is the input method of choice.
· This is a graphically intense game. Therefore the archive size is comparably *huge* and not suitable for modem downloads with a dialup connection.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix small bugs in some dialog scripts
· Walls are now displayed properly on MS Windows