Flexible Isometric Fallout-like Engine 2008.1
Flexible Isometric Fallout-like Engine is a next-generation 2D engine that aims to be modern and have strong modding support.
Here are some key features of "Flexible Isometric Fallout like Engine":
· is open source (GPL v2.0)
· can utilize the graphics from the original FallOut game (not distributed with FIFE!)
· supports different platforms: Linux (compiles and runs), Windows (compiles and runs) and MacOsX (compiles, can't be tested as a working .dat tool for Macintosh is missing)
· supports multiple resolutions (640x480 -> 1600x1200)
· supports fullscreen and windowed mode
· supports 16 & 32-bit colour depth
· supports OpenGL and software rendering (OpenGL is currently much faster)
· supports different alphablending modes: none, automatic, full
· is going to support weather effects (currently discussed!)
· is going to have a dynamic light system (currently discussed!)
What's New in This Release:
· The license has been switched from the GPL 2.0 to the LGPL 2.1 or newer.
· Map format and resource loading (datasets branch) have been improved.
· There is a vastly improved editor tool and batch object loading.
· There is a new (work in progress) Rio de hola demo: new maps, graphics, and sounds. Eye candy: stepless zoom (OpenGL mode only) and instance coloring and outlining.
Flexible Isometric Fallout-like Engine
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!