Falcon's Eye project is a mouse-driven interface for NetHack.
Falcon's Eye is a mouse-driven interface for NetHack that enhances the visuals, audio, and accessibility of the game, yet retains all the original gameplay, and game features.
Here are some key features of "Falcon s Eye":
· mouse-driven interface (keyboard play also supported)
· high-res, isometric graphics with real-time lighting
· ease of play: autopilot, tooltip descriptions of game objects, and more
· digitized sound effects
· MIDI soundtrack (listen to some samples)
· sound effects and keyboard commands are customizable
· retains all NetHack features
· 386 or greater (Pentium recommended)
· Display card capable of 800x600 resolution, 256 colors
· 6 megabytes disk space
· SDL libraries, available from www.libsdl.org
· In Linux, MIDI and MP3 music are supported through external, configurable players
What's New in This Release:
· replaced 12 sound effects (bell.raw, cat.raw, cldoor.raw, dog.raw, fountain.raw, levelup.raw, lion.raw, opdoor.raw, roar.raw, swordhit.raw, swordmis.raw, and walk.raw) to avoid possible license problems.