FIFE is an open source engine that aims to be a platform for the creation of 2D RPGs. We do also provide support for the assets of the original Fallout games. So FIFE will be a good choice for the creation of Fallout-like & even non-Fallout-like games under all major platforms (Linux, Windows, Mac) with the emphasis on easy modding.
The development team emanated from the ianout project and is now working to bring you the best open source RPG engine with Fallout support. To do so, we're still in need of dedicated developers that want to help us working on FIFE. If you are interested in contributing to the project we recommend to take a look at our new FIFE developer introduction. It will help you to get you a basic survey of the ideas and concepts of the FIFE project.
· Ogg Vorbis
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Instances now inherit the blocking property from objects (#514).
· An additional flag has been added to Instance for overriding the blocking attribute (r3520).
· FIFE::Exception is now derived from std::runtime_error (#511).
· The image/animation functions have been fixed to consider zoom level (r3513).
· The light editor plugin has been added (r3513).
· This release builds on Fedora as expected.