Exile III: Ruined World 1.0
Exile III: Ruined World is a classic shareware fantasy role-playing game, now available in the world of Linux.
The surface world is ruled by the Empire, and has been as long as anyone can remember. As long as you followed the rules and kept quiet, it was a good life. But stand out, not fit in, say the wrong thing, and the punishment was swift, sure, and horrible. You were cast into Exile, a huge series of caverns far below the surface of the earth, there to live out the rest of your days in misery.
Now, at last, an escape route from your underground prison has been found. You are the brave soul chosen to lead the first expedition to the surface. You hope to find a way for your people to return to the light of the sun. Instead, you find a ravaged world, rapidly being devoured by mysterious plagues of monsters. You will have to act quickly. If not, the underworld will be the only place left where humans can live.
Exile III: Ruined World is $25 Shareware. Exile 3 for Linux requires glibc 2.1 or later to run. This translates to having Redhat Linux 6.0 or later, or a similar version of Linux. The port of Exile 3 was done by Boutell.com.
· glibc 2.1 or later
1. Download Exile III for Linux by clicking on the download link above. When your browser asks what you wish to do with the file, choose "Save to Disk." Save the file under the following name: exile3-linux-1.tar.gz
2. At the Linux shell prompt, type the following command: gunzip exile3-linux-1.tar.gz
3. Next, type the following command: tar -xf exile3-linux-1.tar
4. Change to the newly created subdirectory: cd exile3-linux-1
5. Run the Exile III for Linux setup program by entering this command: ./setup
PLEASE NOTE: if you wish to have the full screen play option, be sure to enter these commands while logged in as root. You do NOT have to be logged in as root every time you play full screen; just once at install time.
Exile III: Ruined World
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!