EVE Online 3.23.41736
EVE Online is the forerunner of next generation massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs).
In a universe of this scope, you are free to discover your own place, be it in the form of a humble trader ferrying goods from system to system, a despicable pirate preying on anyone foolish enough to cross your path, a heroic combat pilot lancing through the fray as you battle for your faction, or a mighty business icon leading a corporation with hundreds of employees.
To accomplish any or all of this, your main tools will include a diverse array of sophisticated equipment, spaceships, and social interfaces, but you’ll also need a strong business acumen, cunning combat strategies, and often pure Machiavellian thinking.
EVE Online takes place in a cluster of stars far from mankind’s original habitat, planet Earth. How far away, and whether or not that cradle of civilization still exists, is a mystery. Humans arrived through a natural wormhole and, gazing up upon an alien sky they had never seen, were completely unable to determine where this new world was located. From the New Eden solar system, where the gate of EVE once led to the old world, humans expanded in all directions at a furious pace, exploring and colonizing rapidly.
Then, unexpectedly and seemingly unprovoked, the EVE gate collapsed in an apocalyptic catastrophe of a scale never before witnessed by the human race, ruining the New Eden system in the process. Thousands of small colonies were left in complete isolation to fend for themselves, cut off from the old world. For millennia they endured, clinging to the brink of extinction, and only a handful managed to survive.
Of those that lasted, five were to rise up and become the major empires that, between them, hold the balance of power in the world of EVE. Today, they are known as the Amarr Empire, the Gallente Federation, the Caldari State, the Minmatar Republic, and the Jovian Empire. Additionally, the world is full of several small, independent factions and states.
For more than a century, the five empires have lived together in relative peace. They’ve continually strived to maintain this peace, as each faction realizes only too well the grave consequences of a massive inter-stellar war. Recent technological breakthroughs in FTL travel, and the ensuing increase in space travelers, have shaken, but not broken, the fragile peace... at least not yet.
Here are some key features of "EVE Online":
· Massively multiplayer
· Epic 5,000 solar system persistent single universe
· Dynamic player controlled economy
· Exclusive offline skill advancement
· Unmatched versatility in game play
· Free expansions and game enhancements included with subscription
· 32 or 64 bit Ubuntu 7.04 or higher, Linspire 6 or higher, OpenSuSE 10.2 or higher
· 64 MB GeForce FX class card or better
· 512 MB of RAM
· 6 GB of HD Space
· 1.1 GHz CPU
Recommended System Requirements
· 32-Bit Ubuntu, OpenSuSE, Linspire with a GeForce 6XXX series card or better
· 1.5 GHz CPU or better
· 1 GB of RAM
· Alsa supported soundcard
· Kernel 2.6.20 or newer
· XFree86 4.0 or higher (4.3 is recommended) or the latest Xorg release
· python >= 2.4
· python-gtk >= 2.6
· gtk2 >= 2.6
· ibc6 (>= 2.2.4-4)
· python (>= 2.4)
· python-gtk2 (>= 2.6)
· Make sure you have the latest working drivers installed from nVidia
· If using a 64bit operating system you must install the 32bit libraries for that system.
Installing EVE on Linux ( Ubuntu 7.04 or higher, OpenSuSE 10.2 or higher, Linspire 6 or higher)
The user installs EVE Online using a graphical or command line package manager. On installation a Starter Kit will install program shortcuts and installation configuration files.
On launch, via the Start Menu shortcut or command line, the Starter Kit will download and install all necessary files for the application on Cedega.
Single User Install
1. The TransGamig License Agreement window will display, click accept after reading to continue
2. The EVE Online for Linux Installer window will display. The Single-User Install radio button is enabled as default.
3 Click Continue
4.Make sure the EveOnline-linux-######.dat file is present in one of the following locations
NOTE: EveOnline-linux-######.dat file and EveOnline-linux- ######.dat.md5 must be in the same directory.
· home folder
5. If the Game Package has not been downloaded tick the Internet Radio button to download the latest release from the Internet, the click Continue.
6. If the Game Package is not located in previously mentioned locations you can click Browse and select the alternative location of the file. then click Continue.
7. Unpacking of the Game dialog will start, it'll take some time.
8. After unpacking the Game Cedega needs to update/download the following, note that this happens automatically.
· Mozilla Control Package
· Cedega engine for EVE online
· Cedega User Interface
· GDDB files
· Starter kit self-updater
· Microsoft Core Fonts
Multi User Installation
To perform a multi-user installation, the EVE Online Starter Kit must run as a user with administrative privileges.
To launch EVE Online starter kit as a user with administrative privileges:
1. Launch a Terminal, and enter:
$ sudo eve
2. Press Enter.
3. You will be prompted for user password, type that in and press Enter.
· The Starter Kit will execute. The terminal will display the install log.
· The TransGaming License Agreement window will display.
4. Click Accept to accept the license agreement.
· The EVE Online for Linux Installer window will display. Single-User Install is enabled as default.
5. Enable the Multi-User Install radio button.
6. Click Continue.
· The Download Cedega UI Updater Package dialog will display.
· The Cedega Group Membership window will display with the following text:
"Please select the users on your system who will be permitted to use this installation of Cedega:"
7. Select a user from the All Users pane.
8. Click Add to group to add the user to the Group Cedega pane.
· Repeat step 6 and 7 for each user who will use EVE Online.
9. Click Continue.
EVE Online will download updates and launch.
EVE Online may be unstable if installed incorrectly.
To launch the game use the Games category from the Start Menu, do note that the location of the EVE shortcut could vary on distributions.