Dwarf Fortress 0.31.25
A single-player fantasy game like Nethack.
Although Dwarf Fortress is still in a work in progress, many features have already been implemented.
- The world is randomly generated with distinct civilizations spanning over 1000 years of detailed history, dozens of towns, hundreds of caves and regions with various wildlife.
- The world persists as long as you like, over many games, recording historical events and tracking changes.
- Command your dwarves as they search for wealth in the mountain. Craft treasures and furniture from many materials and improve these objects with precious metals, jewels and more.
- Defend yourself against attacks from hostile civilizations, the wilderness and the depths.
- Support the nobility as they make demands of your populace.
- Keep your dwarves happy and read their thoughts as they work and relax.
- Z coordinate allows you to dig out fortresses with multiple levels. Build towers or conquer the depths.
- Build floodgates to divert water for farming or to drown your adversaries.
- Much much more...
- Play an adventurer and explore, quest for glory or seek vengeance. Meet adversaries from previous games.
- Recruit people in towns to come with you on your journey.
- Explore without cumbersome plot restrictions.
- Seamlessly wander the world -- up to 197376 x 197376 squares total -- or travel more rapidly on the region map.
- Accept quests from the town and civilization leaders.
- Retire and meet your old characters. Bring them along on an adventure with a new character or reactivate them and play directly.
- Z coordinate allows you to move seamlessly between dungeon levels and scale structures fighting adversaries above and below.
- The combat model uses skills, body parts, wrestling, charging and dodging between squares, bleeding, pain, nausea, and much more.
- A dynamic weather model tracks wind, humidity and air masses to create fronts, clouds, rain storms and blizzards.
- Over two hundred rock and mineral types are incorporated into the world, placed in their proper geological environments.
- Add new creatures, weapons, plants, metals and other objects via modifiable text files.
- Extended ASCII character set rendered in 16 colors (including black) as well as 8 background colors (including black).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- stopped bamboo flicker
- stopped dwarves from ripping patients out of traction to bring them to bed
- made it display traction state in health screen
- decreased triggers for cleaning a bit to try to stop paranoid over-cleaning of patients