Crossfire TRT 2.2
Crossfire TRT project is an advancement of the crossfire multi-user RPG game.
Here are some key features of "Crossfire TRT":
· Death is not permanent, and you can get back all lost stats and experience by playing a game in a special place named Nimbus. You are teleported there when you die and you have to play a game (currently minesweeper) to get out.
· Friendly fire is disabled and playerkilling is also modified. You can only kill another player when you and the other player are hostile. To become hostile, you have to visit the church of Gorokh in Scorn and talk to the priest. To become peaceful again, visit the curch of Valriel and talk to its priest.
· Invitation of other players to where you are is possible with the invite command. You have to solve the invitor quest (see below in maps) to be able to use the command.
· You can follow other players with the follow command when you stand next to the player you want to follow.
· Pet monsters and summoned creatures will not stand in the way of other party members, making it bearable to play with summoning skills in a party.
· Map and graphics artists are working on improved graphics and new maps and quests.
· A new currency: the Royalty. It's worth 100 Platinum and is made of paper. (The bank script was completly rewritten in Perl)
· The communication commands have been rewritten in Perl and an ignore command was added.
· Trade shops have been implemented in Perl, which allows the player to trade items when they are offline.
· Big 64x64 faces and tiles have been introduced, which have a higher detail level than the old 32x32 tiles, and can be used with the CFPlus client.
What's New in This Release:
· optimised event invocation (non-wanted events can now be skipped with 4-5 inlined instructions).
· complete rewrite of town_portal: it now creates a portal to the "nearest" town only, travel is only possible to the town and back, anybody can use it (also removes one of the remaining syncpoints in the server).
· complete rewrite of the range/attack skill slot system: there are now two slots, one for combat, one for ranged attacks.
· introduce the concept of a current weapon (either a ranged or a combat weapon/skill/tool) and switch between them as needed.
· rewrite bow code so bows get more useful: apply damage, attacktype and other stats to the arrows and treat bows as weapons. also rebalance the missile weapons skill so its damage increases with level.
· rewrite the complete player speed logic: weapon_speed now works as documented and there are no unnatural speed boosts.
· implement a utility - cfutil - that simplifies arch and map installation, replacing the old collect scripts and simplying deployment by scaling and cutting faces as required.
· simplify the map protocol extensively by taking advantage of missing bigfaces, speeding up map generation immensely.
· implement inherit keyword allowing archetypes to inherit from other archetypes.
· rationalise archetype, region and treasurelist file format into a single file format and make them reloadable asynchronously.
· make the worldmap, facedata (smoothing, faces, magicmap) reloadable at runtime.
· implement 64x64 faceset support.
· implement fxixsx protocol that saves a lot of bandwidth over the old image/face/smooth packets and allows images > packetsize, incremental and background transfers.
· implement a bandwidth-saving smoothing protocol that works on a face basis as opposed to a mapspace basis.
· the server can now rate-limit image uploads to not exceed a certain (client-configurable) speed while guarenteeing full freedom of movement.
· implement new ex command to request item descriptions.
· implement new msg command for in-game messages with meta information (using xml).
· enforce utf-8 for all text messages.
· added micropather (not used yet).
· many, many bugfixes.
What's New in This Release:
· The music and sound protocol has been (re)written, and a lot of sound effects and music have been added to enhance the whole game experience.
· The implementation of server-side widgets will provide a framework for the future to make server-controlled dialogs for the client.
· An artwork world map has been created and implemented, which tracks player positions in real-time.
· The nexus and newbie house have been replaced by a per-player tutorial map.
· This release has a lot of rebalancing, fixes, and improvements for the existing features.