CalcRogue Beta 6c
CalcRogue project is a Rogue-like for calculators, Palm, and PCs.
CalcRogue is based on the Unix game Rogue and those similar to it, collectively known as "roguelikes". They involve a character which can move around, attack monsters, collect magical items, maybe cast spells, and gain levels.
The dungeons are randomly generated, so the areas are always fresh, and the difficulty is such that it never gets too easy. (Note: CalcRogue is not derived from Rogue.)
Here are some key features of "CalcRogue":
· Complex, randomly generated levels
· Overworld map, towns, and quests
· Spells and magically summoned minions
· Easy to use interface with tutorial
· Line of sight/lighting calculation
· Four-color grayscale graphics
· Complete inventory management system
· Wide variety of magical scrolls, potions, wands, rings, amulets and spells
· Missile combat with bows, crossbows or thrown potions
· Compressed saved games
· In-game help
· Hidden traps and doors
· Five different player classes
· Varied monsters with special powers
· Gold and shopping
· High-score listing
What's New in This Release:
· Finished the tower quest, for wizards and necromancers. No spoilers in this changelog, but it involves lots of cool stuff.
· Checkpoint saves. A backup saved game is automatically made whenever you move to a new level, and restored if the game crashes.
· (PalmOS) Fixed a stack overflow in the bytecode interpretter which caused crashes all over the place.
· (PalmOS) Fixed infinite prompt loop when running into a peaceful creature
· Fixed missing exit from tower area
· Fixed bug which could cause disconnected areas with the big-map generator
· Monsters won't be generated in the wilderness area
· Fixed bug that allowed duplicating items
· It is no longer possible to throw equipped non-missile weapons
· Balance changes to make the necromancer stronger