Bloodcurse is a 2D computer role-playing game (RPG) in the early stages of development.
The project was started to teach myself OOP and Python.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Greatly reduced memory and map loading time.
· Terrain types are now layered by precedence.
· Added curve terrain transitions for much better-looking maps.
· Speed up terrain transition drawing.
· Removed buggy placeholder menu.
· Fixed a memory leak when game is restarted or when any map is loaded.
· Player can no longer run (temporary for getting rid of a related bug).
· Major speed optimizations to map drawing.
· New terrain type added: dirt
· Replaced fullscreen toggling with a better builtin pygame function.
· Merged the "unwalkable" and "regions" layers into a single "data" layer. Should decrease initial map load.
· Fixed the damn camera scrolling finally.
· Many bug fixes and cleanup as usual.