nPush is a puzzle/logical game, similar to Boulder Dash and Sokoban. You need to collect all the gold on the level and reach the exit. To make it hard there are some rocks that stand in your way, and you also have some dynamite to blast them away. Main difference from Sokoban, KSokoban and similar games is that you can have multiple player-controlled characters you can move on the screen.
nPush is written in C++. The source code is freely available under GPL license, version 2 or above. The code is very simple, so if you're interested in working on your C++ skills on a simple project, please feel free to join in.
nPush is a terminal based application and uses nCurses library for user interface. Game internals are rather simple and written in such way that implementing some nicer graphic UI (like using SDL for example) should not be hard to do.
What's New in This Release:
· The title screen logo has been changed to be pure 7-bit ASCII since it created problems on some terminals.
· 7 new levels have been added.
· Levels have been moved to a separate subdirectory to avoid clutter.
· This release builds on Mac OS X.
· An option to configure keyboard controls has been implemented.
· A .desktop file has been added for application shortcuts in menus.
· A nice PNG icon has been created for the program.
· This release is included in Fedora 8 and 9; just 'yum install' it.