jTans project is a Java Tangram puzzle game.
jTans is a Java version of Tangram, an ancient Chinese puzzle. The object is to put 7 geometric shapes together to form a given outline. All of the pieces must be used and are laid next to one another. It can be run as a Java 2 applet, a standalone application, or a Web Start application.
Here are some key features of "jTans":
· Java2 application wich may be used as an applet, a standalone application or a Java Web Start application. (there is also a C/GTK version for Linux and Unix called gTans)
· 290 figures.
· Hint and solution.
· Most of the game colors and textures are configurable.
· Internationnalized (actually english, spanish an partially french)
· Resizeable window.
· The size of the pieces (relative to the game area) may be changed.
· The solved figures are remembered.
· a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.3 or later : required in every case, if you don't already have one, choose the "full" version when downloading a plugin/webstart.
· the Java plugin : required to run Java2 applets. It is included in Sun's JRE since version 1.3.
· Java Web Start : required to launch Web Start application. It is bundled with Sun's JRE since version 1.4, but for Linux and Solaris it is not installed automatically : see here for more details.
What's New in This Release:
· added spanish version