An open source program to play shogi (Japanese chess)
The engine code and board piece graphics come from GNU shogi and there is a new front end GUI for GNOME, written in Python / PyGTK.
- Load / Save Games
- Set level of play
- Retract Moves
- Choose eastern or western pieces
- Opening Book
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 0.4.4
- A new Edit function has been added, allowing users to edit the board position.
- They can also copy and paste the game to and from the clipboard.
- Move highlighting has been added to show the last move made, and board coordinates have been added to identify the board squares.
- Some bugs have been fixed, and the look of the board has been improved.