ghogi is a program to play shogi. It is derived from GNU shogi.
The engine code and board piece graphics come from GNU shogi and there is a new front end GUI for GNOME, written in Python / PyGTK.
Here are some key features of "gshogi":
· Load / Save Games
· Set level of play
· Retract Moves
· Choose eastern or western pieces
· Opening Book
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new Edit function has been added, allowing users to edit the board position.
· They can also copy and paste the game to and from the clipboard.
· Move highlighting has been added to show the last move made, and board coordinates have been added to identify the board squares.
· Some bugs have been fixed, and the look of the board has been improved.