Zep's Dreamland 1.02
Zep's Dreamland is a block-building platformer.
The game consists of navigating Zep throughout a level to reach a certain location which allows him to advance to the next level. This is not such an easy task, however. Many obstacles will be in your path, and it is up to you to determine the best (and sometimes only way) to get around them.
Zep has the ability to create special "blocks" by using the life energy from the ground he is standing on. By building the blocks in specific patterns, Zep can alter the landscape to his ability thus allowing him to reach his goal! Again, not everything is as it seems.
Zep cannot build blocks while standing on top of just anything. There are many types of ground that restrict Zep's building ability. In addition to being able to create these special blocks, Zep can also destroy them.
· A fairly recent kernel
· ~6MB disk space
· Video card capable of 640x480 resolution
· (800x600 for the level editor)
· A good chunk of RAM
What's New in This Release:
· The game now warns the user that a game that is currently in progress will be lost if entering the Continue menu item rather than simply losing the current game's data without saying anything.
· The game now warns the user that a game that is currently in progress will be lost if entering the "Tutorial" menu item rather than simply losing the current game's data without saying anything.
· Fixed a problem in which starting a new game after loading a saved one would simply restart the loaded level, and not necessarily the first level in that level set.
· Fixed a problem in which escaping to the main menu while playing a level from a set other than the original would never show a "Resume Game" option.
· Fixed a bug in the editor which would clear our the map's contents if the "Load Map" button was selected, and then the dialog was cancelled.
· Relocated the "Last Level" button further to the right to accommodate levels saved with longer filenames.
· Removed the building of a block (if possible) upon selecting the "Resume Game" option when the build key is set to Enter.
· When using "r" to "erase" the map in the editor, the values of the scrolling background are now set to 0.
· Stopped using all deprecated functions (textprintf, for_each_file, etc) and began to use their newer counterparts.
· Fixed all slashes so now they use "/" instead of a Windows style ""
· Added functionality to the editor to switch between fullscreen/windowed mode on the fly via hitting the "f" key. The editor also stores the previously used mode before quitting in data/ed_settings.txt. If this becomes corrupt: 1 = fullscreen, 2 = windowed.