Squares is the most feature-filled square-based puzzle game for Windows, Linux and other platforms!
Squares is the product of several months of learning C,SDL and other technologies associated with games programming.
Here are some key features of "SDL Squares":
· Cross platform graphical interface with SDL
· Scalable interface with a myriad of supported resolutions
· Attractive graphical randomization system so you can see your game being made!
· Pause and reset buttons, keyboard shortcuts throughout the interface
· Variable board size from 3x3 to 10x10
· Competitive gameplay with display of number of moves and time
· Full statistics including best time and average
· Pleasant number-based game display or puzzle gameplay with images
· Support for sets of images with five included by default (see below)
· Ability to save and load games with quicksave
· "Shift pieces" feature ups the pace of large games
· Full configuration system with many options
What's New in This Release:
· Changed save file name to have .sqr extension.
· Fixed bug where full image could be shown in wrong mode (randomizing or winner)
· Made winner transparency lighter to show image better.
· Added ability to skip graphical randomization and added option.
· Changed video mode setting to be faster and less annoying.
· Fixed two major memory leaks! Ran with checker: leaks are now non-existant or minimal.
· Added configuration system!!!
· Shift pieces works with keyboard if holding down control
· Fixed bug where timer_has_started would be set incorrectly after win
· Added load dialog
· Fixed bug where show_full_image() was called loads of times
· Make winner and pause text res scaled
· Fixed build errors with optimization
· Made cheat code slightly more cryptic
· Save set name and image counter
· Fixed bug concerning puzzle mode setting not getting saved
· Encrypt save file
· Fixed bug concerning buffer overflow in best_moves
· Created "Set Won!" screen displaying statistics for entire set
· Fixed bug concerning slow randomization and set image changes
· Fixed bug where options cancel button didn't cancel
· Beautified/uglified interface with little black borders. Probably uglified but nessacary for consistancy
· Disabled resolution change on some playing values :(
· Added extra resolutions: 1152x864 and 1600x1200
· Limited save game name length :
· Save best scores
· Fixed memory leak with load game dialog
· Added scroll buttons on selectors
· Fixed pointless and scary error messages on first run
· Added Makefile for system-wide install and created launcher script to find data (doesn't apply on windows)