Sporktris is a clone of Tetris-clones. It is meant to be fun, functional, and pretty, with as little annoyance as possible.
Technical details: Sporktris is written in C++, using SDL for graphics and input (for easy portability). It requires SDL, SDL_image and SDL_ttf to build.
This project is Free Software released under the GPL. However, donations are greatly appreciated.
Here are some key features of "Sporktris":
· Customizable keys
· Nifty level backgrounds, and coloured pieces to go with them
· Cross-platform (works on at least Mac OS X, Windows and Linux)
· Its own key repeat system (allows for holding down two keys at once, among other things)
· Automatically pauses when it isn't in front
· Will not cause a raccoon infestation in your home or work place
· Handy Features list
· Simple DirectMedia Layer
First cd into the game's directory (for instance, 'cd Sporktris_1.0'), then run the usual 'make' and (optionally) 'make install'. If you'd like to change where the game is installed, or where it puts its highscores and preference files, you can edit the make.conf file before running make.
If you prefer not to install the game, you can skip the 'make install' step, and run the game with 'src/sporktris data' (the first argument tells it where to find its data director). Otherwise, if you do run 'make install', just 'sporktris' should run the game.
What's New in This Release:
· This release is available as a Universal Binary.
· Mac menu shortcuts were not working, and have been fixed.
· A lines of garbage preference has been added.
· A key to end the current game has been added.
· A block outline preference (black, white, or off) has been added.
· A start level preference has been added.
· A "Donate" button has been added to the main menu.
· The piece coloring system has been improved.