A draughts program for Linux
I was looking into doing a draughts game for Linux. There are some strong programs for windows but not so many for Linux. Some of the stronger windows programs distribute their engine code as a dll which is good for other windows programs but not so good for an open source Linux application.
Then I discovered guicheckers which is a draughts program for windows that comes with source code and a good engine. I decided to convert guicheckers to work under Linux and Samuel is the result. Samuel is guicheckers for Linux.
The C++ engine code, board graphics and databases (opening book and endgame) all come from guicheckers. I wrote a new python / GTK front end gui with an interface that is very similar to guicheckers.
- Load / Save Games in standard PDN format
- Copy / Paste games from clipboard in standard PDN or FEN formats
- Edit board position so you can set up your own scenarios
- Various levels of play from beginner to expert
- Review the game
- Adjustable board size
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- online help file
- Play Human vs Human, Human vs Computer, Computer vs Computer.
- flip the board feature
- New status bar