Pyzzle project is a Myst/Riven interface engine.
Pyzzle is a cross-platform Myst/Riven interface-style game engine. It is written in Python and uses the SDL wrapper Pygame.
With Pyzzle build platform independent slide show games, that use the simplicity and power of Python combined with the flexibility and coolness of free (as in freedom) software.
Here are some key features of "Pyzzle":
· Full API using Python scripting. API now covers defining slides
· Use Python to control all elements of your game. AKA puzzle building.
· Large multi-platform capabilities. Pyzzle and games authored with Pyzzle will run on all platform that Pygame supports. These currently include: Windows, NT4, OSX, BeOS, FreeBSD, IRIX, and Linux.
· Build your game into free standing win32 .exe binaries.
· Use any display size 640x480, 800x600,1024x768 etc...
· Use multiple slide sizes in your game.
· Over-slide movie playback through mpeg files.
· Ambient sound and music through wav files.
· Sound fx through (.wav) files.
· Over-slide images.
· In-game Objects. (Riven like) player can carry a maximum of 14 objects.
· Over-slide text using true type fonts.
· Zip navigation option.
· Contains 8 predefined hot spot maps with customizable parameters and supports customizable hot-spot maps.
· Customizable colour 'Riven' graphical cursors.
· Riven like slide transitions. Choose from None, best, fastest and normal. Look in the options sub-menu.
· In-game loading and saving. --disabled for the 0.8 release
· Basic menus.
· Supported image formats include BMP, GIF, PNG, JPG, PCX, TGA and more.
· Pygame - 1.5.3
· Python - 2.2.1
· SDL - 1.2.5
· SDL_image - 1.2.2
· SDL_ttf - 2.0.5
· SDL_mixer - 1.2.4
· SMPEG - 0.4.4
What's New in This Release:
· New and now complete API, the last major modification I promise.
· Support for basic objects, player can now pickup and look at objects in their inventory.
· ZipMode feature added. Look in the options sub menu.
· Plus bug fixes, minor file reorganization