NathanCheckers project is a mouse-driven, graphical implementation of Checkers. American Standard Checkers rules are enforced.
· All versions: It appears that sound support currently requires the game to be run from a writable drive (not a disk image or CD).
· Windows: An extra command prompt window stays open. Runs on Windows 2000, but reportedly you need to minimize and maximize it before you can see the gameboard.
· Linux: Requires PyGame 1.6 or above.
· OS X: No quit menu-item (just close the window). How do you add menu items in PyGame anyway?
What's New in This Release:
· This release is centered around a major theme overhaul, as well as the addition of a second theme aimed at kids.
· There is also one major bugfix (getting kinged now ends a turn under all conditions), and a lot of code cleanup and minor tweaks and fixes.