Hextris is a Tetris game with stones made of hexagons.
It takes some time to get used to the hexagon board but it's worth it.
Here are some key features of "Hextris":
· severity levels for beginner, medium and expert
· choosable speed at game start
· global highscore list
· choosable hexagon size
· Java/multiplatform implementation
· GPL license
The aim of the game is to score as high as possible. So here are some score hints:
· Moving down stones manually scores more than waiting until stones move automatically.
· Playing in higher levels scores more than playing in lower levels. If you start in a higher level then you stay there as long as it takes to reach that level from level 1. So if you feel comfortable in say level 3 then it's better to start in level 3.
· The score for removed lines depends on the number of simultaneously removed lines and grows quarely, i.e. filling 2 lines with one stones brings 2 times the score of filling 2 lines seperately. 3 times for 3 lines etc.
The actual number of score points can be found in the help display
· Java Runtime Environment (tested with JRE6)