Hearts for GNOME is an implementation of the classic card game for the GNOME desktop, featuring configurable rulesets and editable computer opponents to satisfy widely diverging playing styles. Hearts is Free Software, released under the GNU General Public License and should be able to run on any computer that can run the GNOME desktop.
Here are some key features of "Hearts for GNOME":
· Various rulesets with configurable options
· Multiple computer opponents with differing styles of play
· Drag & drop adding of new opponents
· Easy creation and modification of opponents through the Lua scripting language
· GNOME 2
· libglade 2
· lua 5.0
· The game doesn't end after reaching 100 points (fixed with revision 18).
· Undo, Redo and Hint are not implemented yet.
· Choosing a card style is not implemented yet.
· Having the computer pick random opponents is not implemented yet.
What's New in This Release:
· Thanks to the contributions of some very smart folk, gnome-hearts 0.3 has vastly superior AI opponents than ever before. Three new AI opponents have been added (Jake, Ling and Peter) and all the other opponents have been improved. Besides that there are a few minor new features and improvements for both players and AI developers, alongside the obligatory bugfixes and translation updates.