kmc project is a mud client for KDE that aims to be powerful yet easy to use and comfortable to spend time in.
I started it several years ago as a project to learn Qt programming with, and added to it bit by bit, as it's the program I myself use to mud.
Finally, it has reached a point of maturity where I felt compelled to release it.
A mud client is a program used to connect and play a MUD. MUDs are a special internet text-only game that can be truly fascinating.
Here are some key features of "kmc":
· Mud and character profiles to make connecting easier.
· Autologin, reconnection.
· Good integration with KDE (i.e. cut and paste, drag and drop, restoration)
· Scripting, via an embedded Perl interpreter. User-defined commands, triggers, timers, etc.
· Logging with and without color.
· Input history with tab expansion.
· Full ANSI support.
· Extreme customization of appearance (change colors, font, wrapping, tab size).
· Mud toolbar. Connect and login to the click of a button.
· Split and full screen mode.
· Numpad walking, via a Perl script.
· KDE 3
· Qt 3
· Perl 5.4 or higher
What's New in This Release:
· Added Maia's dm icons
· Dealt with 'friend' warnings
· Fixed perl dXSARGS problem
· Change kmccore.pl copying to use KIO
· Added ';' multiline, '#' repeat special chars and associated config.