Thud is a graphical 'heads up display' for BTech MUX.
Thud (Tony's Heads Up Display) is a pure Java client designed to retrieve combat-related data from the game and display it in a easier-to-read tactical display. It will display a tactical map, contacts list, weapons status, armor status, heat status, and more. The map displays terrain, cliffs, your own unit, and enemy units. There are a plethora of options available to customize the client to suit your style of playing. Thud is great for new players and veterans alike!
See the screenshots to get a good idea of what Thud looks like.
Here are some key features of "Thud":
· ANSI color support
· An impressive tactical map display: see screenshots
· All enemy and friendly contacts with headings
· Unique icons for each movement type
· Current heading and desired heading indicators
· Weapons arc indicators
· An overall armor percentage display
· A heat indicator
· Display of hex numbers if desired
· Varying colors of hexes based on height
· A separate contacts window
· Customizable colors and font sizes
· Much more...
· Java Runtime Environment 5.0 or higher - tested with JRE 6 on Ubuntu 7.10
What's New in This Release:
· MUX-format map files can now be loaded via File -> Load Map.
· Weather information is retrieved and displayed on the bottom of the tactical window.
· A LOS overlay has been added. Under 'Map', select 'Show LOS Info' and hexes not in your current LOS will have a cyan/blue overlay added to them.
· Preferences data has been moved to the Java Preferences API, meaning that thudprefs.prf is ancient history and that preferences will no longer get clobbered between versions now.
· Thud now has an icon!
· Keybindings have been implemented, mirroring XpertMUD's keys for users' convenience. The number pad is bound to headings, F1-F3 fires tics, shift-F1-F3 lists tics, ctrl-number keys sights weapons, alt-number keys fires weapons, ctrl-numpad targets body parts, alt-numpad-7/8/9 rotates torso.
· Connection shortcuts (formerly ctrl-#) have been moved to ctrl-shift-# to allow keybindings to function. They no longer work while you're already connected somewhere else. The 'Update' menu has been removed, with 'Update Tactical Map Now' moved to the HUD menu.
· When connected to a MUX, its address is displayed in the Thud title bar.
· Cliff detection now functions properly between water and land hexes.
· Fixed a minor issue with the heat scale for turreted units.