KildClient is a mud client using the GTK toolkit. KildClient's main feature is the support for Perl scripting, which allows you to do basically whatever you want.
Other standard features of mud clients (triggers, gags, macros, etc.) are also supported. It supports MCCP versions 1 and 2, and chat using the MudMaster and zChat protocols.
Here are some key features of "KildClient":
· Support for Perl scripting. Perl statements can be executed by entering them prefixed with "/", or functions can be defined and called.
· Several worlds can be opened simultaneously.
· Easy switching between worlds with the tabs or Perl functions.
· New text notification.
· Plugins to extend the basic functionality.
· Triggers and gags, using regular expressions for matching.
· Aliases, allowing you to substitute what you type with some other text.
· Macros for sending text or executing commands with a single keypress.
· Timers for repeated execution of commands.
· Hooks for executing actions when some events happen.
· Support for logging the output to a file, including optionally a timestamp.
· A function to send multiple lines of text and/or the contents of a file to the world.
· Speed-walking feature to ease walking around.
· Transparent background, or an image can be used as background.
· Associate notes with a world (with the use an included plugin)
· Direct chat with other users of KildClient or of other clients compatible with the MudMaster or zChat protocols.
· Supports MCCP (Mud Client Compression Protocol) versions 1 and 2, to compress data sent from the server and thus reduce bandwidth.
· gtkspell (optional)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixed: the SSL handshake locked the interface. And KildClient would wait forever if it never completed, requiring a forced close.
· Fixed bug with some 256-color ansi sequences.
· Fixed a bug that caused the program to freeze when deleting a trigger or alias of a Word edited from the World Selector.
· If a plugin fails to load, any objects created by that plugin are removed.
· Fixed bug that prevented copying text from the scroll window.
· Fixed crash that happened if you had a rewriter trigger without an action. (Thanks to dmzkrsk.)