JamochaMUD offers Unicode, plug-in, and multi-language support to allow a more enjoyable MUCKing/MUDding experience.
JamochaMUD offers Unicode, plug-in, and multi-language support (8 different languages) to allow a more enjoyable MUCKing/MUDding experience.
JamochaMUD project features command history, synchronized window controls, experimental SOCKS 5 support, and greatly improved ANSI colour support.
It plays nice on Unix systems, supports a wide range of MU*s, and also includes emulation of some TinyFugue editor controls. It uses Java 1.1, and includes classes to be easily reused in other Java applications.
- General items:
- JamochaMUD can handle Multiple MU* connections simultaneously
- Support for both terminated and unterminated lines (common on many MU*s)
- ANSI Colour support
- Different frames (timers, main window, etc.) may be moved, hidden, or shown either synchronised or independent of each other.
- Multi-language support (languages that are not supported currently can easily be added by folks that needn't even know how to program).
- Unicode support (may currently not work?!), which allows the display of double-byte languages and Non-western language font support, such as Russian cyrillic characters
- Support for JamochaMUD plugins the extend the features of the basic MU* client
- Socks5 support (perhaps limited, but it does work!)
- Programmable macros and definitions
- File menu items:
- Save your session output to a (plain text) file
- Edit menu items:
- Just the usual cut and paste features
- Connection menu items:
- Quick reconnect to a MU* that you had just left.
- Option menu items:
- Changing font size, type, and (base) colour
- Changeable background colour
- Assign external programs to deal with special features, such as URLs.
- Socks5 support
- Manage plugins independently of each other
- Split Frames, which allows the input and output windows to be either combined or totally independent of one another.
- Autofocus input (automagically sends typing to the text-input window if another frame of JamochaMUD is currently in focus).
- Smooth display turned "double-buffering" of the MU* output area on or off. With double-buffering the redraw of the area is smoother, but slower. With double-buffering off, the refresh appears faster, but flickers more. (A personal taste thing!)
- The ability to use Unicode characters when connected to a MU*. (This must be supported by the MU*).
- The option to enable Tiny-fugue emulation. This enables JamochaMUD to emulate some of TF's " editor" keyboard controls.
- Plug-ins menu: allows quick access to the properties of a plug-in
- Help menu items:
- The 'Help' function connects you to the JMUD pages... In theory this will supply you with the most up-to-date JamochaMUD info. Yes, always on the bleeding edge of text-based MU* technology!
- Additions via available plug-ins:
- Replacing JMUD's title with your current location
- Gags and triggers allowing highlighting/dumping of text as well as audio hints (as of 2000-08-12).
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 4.8
- This release fixes dropped text and missing hyperlinks. JamochaMUD now partially supports MXP (MUD eXtension Protocol).