BattleTech THUD is a Java client designed to connect to Battletech MUXes and display combat data in a easy-to-read tactical display. BattleTech THUD client displays a tactical map, contacts list, armor status and more.
Here are some key features of "BattleTech THUD":
· ANSI color support
· An impressive tactical map display: see screenshots
· All enemy and friendly contacts with headings
· Unique icons for each movement type
· Current heading and desired heading indicators
· Weapons arc indicators
· An overall armor percentage display
· A heat indicator
· Display of hex numbers if desired
· Varying colors of hexes based on height
· A separate contacts window
· Customizable colors and font sizes
· Much more...
· Java Development Kit (JDK) 1.5 or better
What's New in This Release:
· This release has a number of significant improvements, including better handling of focus issues, support for copy and paste, key bindings support, a LOS overlay mode, the ability to directly load MUX-format map files, greatly improved preferences support, and some minor bugfixes.