QTads is an open source GUI interpreter for Tads games, running under UNIX-based systems.
QTads has a rather nice feature that none of the available Multimedia Tads interpreters can provide: text justification.
QTads has been tested in Linux, FreeBSD and Mac OS X, but it should compile and run in many more, like Solaris and Irix.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This release fixes a problem where the interpreter was not able to create savegames on some systems.
· File handling should now be fully internationalized.
· File paths and filenames (saved games, transcripts, game files, etc.) should now work in any language on all systems.
· The TADS 3 VM no longer produces the same sequence of random numbers every time the interpreter is launched.
· For those of you who like to build QTads from source, you can now build it against Qt 5.
· The released binaries will still be using Qt 4 though, since it's well tested.