An enhanced port of the official DOOM source.
- Supports all the editing features of Hexen. (ACS, hubs, new map format, etc.)
- Supports most of the BOOM editing features.
- The vast majority of Doom limits are gone (including the evil visplane overflow).
- Free look (look up/down).
- High resoulutions (with optimizations for modern processors).
- Translucency (regular and additive).
- A console.
- More music formats: MOD, XM, IT, S3M, MIDI, and MP3 as well as MUS.
- Better mouse support.
- Limited UDP (Internet or LAN) networking inherited from Linux Doom.
- Quake-style key bindings.
- Walk over/under monsters and other things.
- Runs under Windows 95/98, Windows NT, and Linux. (There is a DOS version, but it's old.)
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Support for Doom3 BFG Edition's IWADs was added.
- ACS was enhanced to support new math and HUD functions.
- DECORATE was enhanced to support new player properties.