Vavoom is a source port based on sources of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and a little bit from Quake.
Vavoom project is a source port based on sources of Doom, Heretic, Hexen and a little bit from Quake. Supported platforms are DOS, Windows and Linux.
- Polygonal engine with colored lighting, with software mode, OpenGL and Direct3D support, and any resolutions up to 1600x1200
- Translucency. Some things are translucent, also spectres' partial invisibility is replaced with 10% translucency, so they are really hard to see now
- Complete support for freelook (look up & down) in all games
- A powerful language to describe game logic, Vavoom C - now you can forget about DeHackEd and DDF!
- 100% client/server architecture with in-game joining
- Quake-style console, with key bindings
- Ability to play AudioCD tracks
- Indirect support for DeHackEd - utility to generate Vavoom progs out of DEH files
- And many other cool things...
- To play Vavoom you need main wad file from one of the following games:
- Doom shareware
- Doom registered
- Ultimate Doom
- Doom II: Hell on Earth
- Doom II: TNT Evilution
- Doom II: The Plutonia experiment
- Heretic shareware
- Heretic registered
- If you have multiple IWADs, you can use command line params -doom, -doom2, -heretic or -hexen.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- The biggest change is the removal of software renderer.
- Other than that it's mostly bug fixes and some improvements here and there.