QWPython project is a Python-powered QuakeWorld server.
The core engine has been wrapped up as a Python module and altered to call back to Python to execute Quake game logic.
A QuakeC - Python translator is also included, along with pre-translated versions of Deathmatch and Capture-The-Flag.
· Python 2.0 or higher
· Quake/QuakeWorld .PAK files
What's New in This Release:
· Added WinNT/Win2k service version of CTF.
· Removed C code relating to PAK files, since Python handles all that now.
· Reworked download code, so it now functions with the Python resource-loading code.
· Tested against Debian 2.2, found and fixed problems that prevented a clean compile and running under Debian.
· Changed Sys_Error() function so that it now does exit the game loop and raise a Python exception.
· Cleaned up Python "pakfile" module.
· Went over translated CTF, cleaned up code by hand since the machine translation was a little rough to look at.