Nexuiz is a fast-paced, chaotic, and intense multiplayer first-person shooter game, focused on providing basic, old style deathmatch.
Nexuiz is extremely modder-friendly. Nexuiz is built on the power of the Darkplaces engine, which is a heavily modified version of the original Quake.
Darkplaces features realtime lighting and stencil shadows, bumpmapping, gloss, bloom, and totally rewritten network code that supports up to 64 players on a single server.
· 200mb of hard drive space
· A 1.5-gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 chip or AMD Athlon 1500
· 9600ati or 5700fx
· 256 mb of ram
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New gamemode: CTS (get from A to B). With map "CyberParcour01" and a nexrun map "Piece o' cake"
· Aggressor and stormkeep retextured
· Tutorial map
· TraK4-mit and TraK5 texturepacks
· New HUD
· New Scoreboard style
· Weapon accuracy statistics (ALT key by default)
· Rocket guidance by holding down the primary fire button (seeker removed)
· Level Of Detail on all playermodels
· Video settings only show the allowed resolutions reported by your OS (not available in AGL)
· Motion blur and damage blur