You can buy this game here
Feel the scream of lasers against cold steel and prepare for the clash of armor against armor -- Heavy Gear II for Linux is here!
Get ready for the ultimate in mech experiences: a thrilling combat adventure pitting robot against robot in the distant future is waiting for you. Pit squads of your best mechanized warriors against the enemy to save Terra Nova -- but sheer firepower won't be enough. Use your guile and wits to get behind enemy lines and use your resources to their fullest, before it's too late...
Heavy Gear II also adds some firsts for commercial Linux games:
First conversion from Direct3D to OpenGL
First to support 3D audio effects using OpenAL
First to have joystick support using SDL
And best of all, it's for Linux -- the power of the future with the power of the future's operating system.
· Linux Kernel 2.2.x and glibc-2.1
· Processor Pentium 233 MHz (with 3D acceleator card)
· Video Video card capable of 640x480 resolution
· XFree86 version 3.3.5 or newer
· 16-bit color
· CD-ROM 4x CD-ROM drive (600 KB/s sustained transfer rate)
· RAM 64 MB required; 128 MB recommended
· Sound OSS compatible sound card
· Hard disk Minimum 450 MB free space