Hammer of Thyrion is a port of Raven's Hexen2 source code and is based on the original Linux Hexen II project, Anvil of Thyrion.
HoT includes many bugfixes, improved sound and video modes, opengl improvements and documentation among many others.
What's New in This Release:
· Improved the SDL audio driver
· Made the game to block/unblock sound upon focus loss/gain
· Bug fix for changing resolution during intermissions
· Errors on the Mac OSX platform are now notified via the alert panel
· Much attention paid to getting developer utilities working on all platforms
· Work arounds for various GCC versions
· Added support for DOS, including network, sound and mousewheel support!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· OpenGL: Made non-power-of-two textures support configurable by a cvar, gl_texture_NPOT, disabled by default: Fixes serious slowdown on some old graphics hardware, such as R300 to R500 class Radeons on Mac OS X, which the driver is lying about its capability.
· Sound: The client no longer tries updating the ambient sounds when not connected, ie. when no map is active.
· Several updates to the documentation.